careers at Impact
working for Impact
Impact Solutions is an independent materials testing and innovative problem-solving provider. Our dynamic team are flexible and adaptable in using their diverse range of knowledge and skills to offer bespoke solutions. Whether you need product or material testing, to develop an idea into something tangible or want to know more about recycled material, Impact Solutions can offer you a 360º service. We believe in developing commercially focused and sustainable results for our customers.
positions currently available
Impact Solutions are looking to hire a skilled, creative and determined individual to assist with creating content and implementing our marketing strategies online. We are a growing business, branching out into new business areas that are in need of online optimisation. As an independent materials testing and innovative problem-solving provider, the majority of our new business relies on new customers discovering us online. The role will be varied but a large aspect of it will be driving our target audience to our website through the use of blog writing and online content creation.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Creating and developing web-based content on a regular basis.
- Writing regular blog articles for our website around key market areas and pre-selected keywords.
- Required to work within an office environment with the accounts, sales and marketing teams.
- Some tasks will include to help out other teams within the office.
- Optimising website content, SEO needs.
- Keeping on top of trends and implementing best practices of web-based writing.
- Supporting many aspects of our digital marketing operations, assisting our content marketing, social media, web design, pay per click (PPC).
- Supporting digital marketing campaigns
- Monitoring and reporting on results from SEO, PPC and social media campaigns using Google Analytics and Google Adwords.
- Continued learning and professional development.
- Working with the marketing manager
Skills & Requirements
- Passion for writing and content creation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand technical information and translate it into layman’s terms
- Ideally knowledge of WordPress to maintain and update the company’s website in-house
- Enthusiasm for social media and staying up to date with the latest industry trends
- Positive attitude
- Be organised, with good time management skills
- Ability to work on your own, using your own initiative
- Understanding of digital marketing and what it takes for a brand to be successful online
- Awareness of/ Experience in /Familiar with relevant online tools, Google Analytics, Adwords and social platforms.
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience with writing own blogs
The position will be monitored through the following Key Performance Indicators:
- Growth of website hits (visits)
Please include links to any previous blog writing or any evidence which helps to show your skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Please apply here.
Due to another year of impressive growth, we need to increase our core lab team in order to continue to deliver our high level of service to our customers. The successful applicant(s) will work within our UKAS ISO17025 accredited Physical and Analytical testing laboratory that specialises in plastic and will undertake testing, analysis and research whilst following strict HSE and UKAS standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST HOLDER
The post holder is responsible for a number of laboratory tasks including:
- Performing tasks by following work plans unsupervised
- Data entry to UKAS worksheets and work-pack completion
- Responsibility for upkeep of certain UKAS documents such as Equipment records
- Record work carried out on a day to day basis paying attention to accuracy and detail as required by customers and regulators.
- Housekeeping to the highest standards.
- Health and Safety items in the workplace such as Risk assessments & hazard identification.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Performing a range of tests and write-ups to the required standard.
- Data entry to excel spreadsheets and simple calculations to work out results
- Learn procedures as deemed necessary by the business.
- Following work to UKAS standards to ensure compliance at all times
- Housekeeping and safe working with no issues raised.
- Good team working and learning behaviour, again no issues raised.
- Good upkeep of the UKAS systems eg equipment records, filing etc
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The position could be offered at a number of different levels from modern apprentice to trainee to experienced to graduate and the salary will reflect the individuals experience.
Depending on level requited it is expected that the individual will have a minimum of National 5 level in Maths, Science and English with evidence of success in a practical subject.
Evidence of communication and team working skills are desirable especially if they were gained in a work environment.
Previous lab experience is not essential and the role is suitable to anyone with good practical skills.
- Working with others
- Problem Solving
- Information Communication and Technology
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply here.