careers at Impact
working for Impact
Impact Solutions is an independent materials testing and innovative problem-solving provider. Our dynamic team are flexible and adaptable in using their diverse range of knowledge and skills to offer bespoke solutions. Whether you need product or material testing, to develop an idea into something tangible or want to know more about recycled material, Impact Solutions can offer you a 360º service. We believe in developing commercially focused and sustainable results for our customers.
positions currently available
No day at Impact is the same. You will work on a number of privately funded projects and provide project management, technical guidance and direction to project and laboratory staff.
You will provide help in undertaking material tests, interpretation of standards, project setup and running innovation research projects. At times you will be working independently on a small project where you will have total control, and at other times as part of a team working on larger projects, and therefore you should be a confident self-starter.
You will also at times be customer facing and therefore a blend of academic and commercial knowledge will be highly valued. Throughout your time with Impact you will have the opportunity to learn about a broad range of polymers and materials and training and support will be provided to help you reach your personal goals.
Impact actively encourage innovation among our staff, and offer additional bonus’ for successful innovations.
You will have an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a relevant subject. We are happy to consider candidates from a variety of backgrounds, for example, chemistry, physics, mathematics, (etc) who have an interest in/understanding of materials. A can-do attitude is a must.
Skills / Experience
- Technical experience
- Good team working skills and effective delegation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong use of initiative and ability to act proactively, in order to capitalise on opportunities
- Established project management skills
- Good self-management ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong personal values in customer service, quality and commercial awareness
- Knowledge and/or experience of participating in technical programmes
- Basic understanding of the circular economy and the challenges facing the plastic industry
- Knowledge/understanding of the physical testing of plastic
- Knowledge and/or experience of working in an ISO17025 laboratory or knowledge of UKAS accreditation
- An existing network within the manufacturing, recycling, environmental, scientific or academic communities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,500.00 to £20,000.00 /year