careers at Impact
Position: Technical Development Manager
Imagine the future and fill in the gap!
We believe everyone has the right to THRIVE and not just survive at work. If you are looking for that pivotal change in your career, you are looking at the right place. At Impact Solutions, problem solving and innovation is in our DNA. We honour individuals who are forward thinking and seek for an opportunity at every challenge that they come across. Impact Solution are a proud UKAS 17025 accredited laboratories but we also expand into non-accredited and innovations work. We have a fast-growing and a vibrant work environment, ideal for someone who strive on being agile and cherish leadership. Impact Solutions WILL continue to grow, this is where we need an experienced Research Specialist who values quality and problem-solving.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
We are looking for a talented individual to provide project management and technical direction for our portfolio of research projects, spreading across a number of disciplines but all focused on sustainability.
The role requires strong technical leadership and you will be involved in setting the overall technical direction of the company. You will be taking the technical lead in our innovation projects and research proposals and contributing to broad technical issues inside and outside the organisation.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Degree (B.Sc.) and preferably post graduate qualification (Ph.D. or M.Sc.) with good communication and people skills. A team player with initiative to make improvements that will increase efficiency, productivity and team moral. Excellent time management, project management and a commercial vision is essential to this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSTHOLDER
The post holder has a series of technical and operational responsibilities, including the following:
- Project Management of our research portfolio through to commercialisation
- Primary point of contact for our partners
- Determining and road-mapping the technical direction of projects.
- Capable of guiding more junior scientists to achieve ambitious project goals
- Take technical leadership of innovation projects from concept to commercialisation.
- Oversight of technical proposals for research grants.
- Oversight of lab work so that it is carried out to the highest technical standard and to HSE standards
- Project management and delivery to ensure projects are delivered on time and with value added
- Promoting Impact Solution through presentations at technical events
- Producing technical articles for publication on the web
- Working closely with the sales team to target new areas to work in and build the lab business up.
- Reporting work and results to customers to meet schedules. Ensure all reports are to the highest technical standards and are accurate.
- Take the lead in brainstorming new areas of focus and writing of grant proposals for feasibility study funding.
The successful candidate will benefit from flexible working hours, Monday to Friday, a competitive salary with up to a 15% annual bonus, 34.5 days of holiday per year and a friendly, fast paced, working environment. The company is currently based in Grangemouth but will be moving to larger premises nearer Edinburgh in the next 6 – 12 months in order to support our expansion.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £35,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Interested? Apply here.