careers at Impact
Position: Chemical Engineer
Who are Impact
Impact Solutions is an independent materials testing and innovative problem solving provider. Our dynamic team are flexible and adaptable in using their diverse range of knowledge and skills to offer bespoke solutions. Whether you need product or material testing, to develop an idea into something tangible or want to know more about recycled material, Impact Solutions can offer you a 360º service. We believe in developing commercially focused and sustainable results for our customers.
No day at Impact is the same. You will work on a number of privately funded projects and provide project management, technical guidance and direction to project and laboratory staff.
We are looking for highly ambitious and motivated graduate Chemical Engineers with an excellent Academic record or Chemical / Process Engineers currently working in a junior roles seeking to progress their career by working on exciting and innovative projects.
Reporting directly to the Technical Development Manager you will be expected to take on ownership of sub project tasks and find solutions to technical challenges. The role will be heavily hands on, and those who succeed will be excellent working alone and as part of a team. You will be a self starter who can work without instruction and you’ll notice the things other people would not.
Responsibilities will include:
- Running laboratory scale experiments
- Authoring technical calculations
- Preparing process datasheets, PFDs and P&IDs
- Technology review and selection
- Energy efficiency assessments
- Writing technical reports and presentations
- Providing input to development of operating procedures
- HAZID/ENVID/HAZOP reviews
- HSE Review
The position comes with unlimited career progression as Impact strives to create the next generation of sustainable technologies.
Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent degree in Chemical Engineering – minimum Bachelor Degree at 2:1 or above, although Masters/Doctorate preferred.
- Work/Placement experience in chemicals, pharmaceuticals, bio-technology and/or process safety preferred
- Experience of troubleshooting and optimisation of process plant beneficial
- Good understanding of regulatory and legislation compliance for safety beneficial
- Passionate about green technology
- Bright, passionate and curious with a strong attention to detail
- Willing to work hard, be hands on and learn and grow with the company
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, time management, and prioritisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively in English with technical and non-technical personnel
The successful candidate will benefit from flexible working hours, Monday to Friday, a competitive salary with up to a 15% annual bonus, 34.5 days of holiday per year and a friendly, fast paced, working environment. The company is currently based in Grangemouth but will be moving to larger premises nearer Edinburgh in the next 6 – 12 months in order to support our expansion.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£22,500.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Yearly bonus
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Interested? Apply here.