careers at Impact
Position: Analytical Chemist
Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.
We believe everyone has the right to THRIVE and not just survive at work. If you are looking for that pivotal change or a new start in your career, you are looking at the right place. At Impact Solutions, problem solving and innovation is in our DNA. We honour individuals who are forward-thinking and seek for an opportunity at every challenge that they come across.
Impact Solutions main core business is based on the testing and innovations of polymers and composite materials. Impact’s laboratories are operating under the strict ISO 17025:2017 directions and are accredited by UKAS. We have a fast-growing and a vibrant work environment, ideal for someone who strives on being agile and analytical. Impact Solutions WILL continue to grow, this is where we need a Chemist who values quality and efficiency.
We are currently seeking a passionate Analytical Chemist with an undergraduate chemistry related degree (preferably MSci/MChem who has demonstrable experience with chromatography and spectroscopy systems and preferably with experience working in a regulated environment GLP, ISO 17025 or equivalent).
This role is perfect for someone who is rigour and highly self-motivated and most importantly, be able to demonstrate collaborative spirits. We take pride in our innovations hub where our dynamic teamwork synergistically on ground-breaking technologies. As an Analytical Chemist, you must strive in decision-making and endeavour a rational and logical approach to problem-solving. The successful candidate will help Impact Solutions grow their Analytical Polymer Testing Business.
We are looking for…
· You must have demonstrable laboratory experience with knowledge of a wide range of laboratory equipment and techniques including, GC-MS, GPC, ICP-OES, FTIR etc
· You must be highly competent in verbal and written reporting skills with high attention to details
· You must have a solid understanding of scientific literature and research techniques
· You must be able to make judgements based on sound reasoning and be data-driven
· You must be proficient in use of standard office IT programs and basic data analysis
· You must be meticulous with your organisational skills in order to work autonomously
· You have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal format
The Core Role…
· To designing and conducting experiments independently and delivering laboratory reports on time
· You will be responsible for working alongside the analytical team in various QA/QC and Innovations projects.
· You are responsible for self-managing to ensure deadlines are met and commit to assisting the project team for smooth project delivery.
· You are responsible for ensuring and adhering to a quality work that is aligned with the ISO 17025 system.
· You will be involved in various physical and chemical analyses of polymers, plastics, biodegradables, organics, soils, sediments and waters.
· You are responsible for being resourceful and to delegate tasks efficiently as well as self-managing the delivery of the tasks.
· You must adhere to EHS (i.e. COSHH, risk assessments) with an uncompromising commitment to working safely
· You must be adaptable in understanding and following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). You are also required to produce SOP when necessary.[PW3]
Contact Details for queries
Hiring Manager: Dr. Michail Kalloudis
Closing date: 30/01/2021
Reference ID: LABChem-003
Expected start date: 15/02/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,774.00-£25,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Analytical Chemistry: 1 year (Preferred)
Interested? Apply here.